Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where in the World Are the YGGs?

As I write this, You Go Genealogy Girl #2, Cheri, is getting their camper ready to head to the mountains in Wyoming for a few days of vacation.  They will enjoy the cooler, dry air.  Without phone service, Internet or TV, I am sure she will get caught up with her reading.  Wish I was going along, but I would soon be in withdrawal from having no Internet.  How did I survive years ago?

Once rested up from the Family History Expo in Springfield, Illinois, I have been tackling projects with vigor.  A donation of genealogy files and hundreds of genealogy books to the North Platte Genealogical Society takes me to the library every day to "do my thing."  That consists of checking duplicates after the books are appraised, recording them and sending them on to the cataloger.  Once they come back I check them off the list and put them in the appropriate areas.

I am also tweaking my lectures for the Midwest Family History Expo to be held September 7th and 8th in Kearney, NE.  You Go Genealogy Girl #2 has been helping me design my slide presentation for the keynote address which I will deliver.  She is extremely artistic.  My simplistic slides have been converted into colorful, eye-catching slides that I hope everybody attending will enjoy.  Incidentally, the title of my keynote address is Mudpies and Fireflies.  What does that have to do with genealogy?  Sign up for the Family History Expo and find out!

You Go Genealogy Girl #1  .... Ruby


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Find a Grave

Search 31.6 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname: