Saturday, July 24, 2010

Genealogy, Rest, Relaxation, More Genealogy


You Go Genealogy Girl #1 has been on the road in Lil' Red since mid-May. While I have made appearances at home, they have been brief. At least for a while, my suitcases are out of sight and Lil' Red just roams around town.

That should leave time for rest and relaxation. How I wish! As long as there are genealogy projects, I don't get in much R&R. I have been writing, reading, more writing and also trying to get through my still very high stack of papers from Salt Lake City. There's good stuff in that box. I feel that every spare moment needs to be devoted to it. Actually it's almost like Christmas seeing what comes out of the box next. It's gone down by about two inches since I returned home in early June.

Already I'm being asked by friends if I'm going back to Salt Lake City in 2011. I need to discuss that with YGGG #2. We have actually talked about selecting another site for our annual, big research trip. However, we seem drawn back to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. It's convenient staying next door to the library and Lil' Red knows the way. YGGG #2 is a pro at packing the car with everything needed for our stay in Deseret.

While I'm basking, not in the sun, but in the thrill of going through genealogy treasures here at home, YGGG #2 is getting ready to leave for Topeka, KS. She will visit her son, daughter-in-law and their eight children. On Friday she will be at the Midwest Family History Expo in Kansas City. I'm turning green with envy. However, if I don't stay home, my treasures will still be in the box and the writing and research will not get done.

Maybe I do need a little rest and relaxation today. Could I possibly find a cemetery that I have never visited? What's that Lil' Red? No more out of town trips for a while? Okay, back to the grindstone.

YGGG #1 .... Ruby (the one at home)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Find a Grave

Search 31.6 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname: